Friday, June 12, 2009

Pedaling for the Cure




My day started today with a phone call from my buddy-sister, Saint (pictured just a few posts ago.) She's 3/4ths of the way thru her protocol of rads to her spine for her BC mets and is having a serious hard time with side effects and extreme fatigue. We talked. The emotions were running on over-time, as tomorrow is her son's high school graduation. After living with the mets for five years and approaching this milestone, she shed tears talking thru her concerns over whether she will be able to attend the actual event.

I started a couple of threads of support and prayers over @ BCO and then got on my bike and started to ride. As always, I put on my baseball cap embroidered with the simple word: CURE with it's small pink ribbon. Then off I went. Door County is one hilly peninsula. I am one couch potato, but my bike has 21 gears and by using the the top 14, I can make my way up and down these inclines.

Today as I rode -- my heart was full for Saint. She used to love to ride her own bike, but that pleasure has been taken away from her. So today as I rode, I dedicated my trip to her and to Mena and to the others who can no longer ride their bikes. As I rode I had the idea that I could use my hat as an 'icon' to share the sights that I was seeing. Sort of like a Where's Waldo? Where's the cure?

With each posed shot, it was like a litany-verse in the continual loop prayer.

I plan to put these pictures over @ FB -- starting a new album there, where I can add to it as my miles roll on. It's something to do, when there is so very little that can be done. The sense of helplessness...........
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...