Tuesday, August 26, 2008

"Mosaic" Counter Top





We went to pick up my specially ordered book and look what I found!! These images are portions of the counter top at "Novel Ideas" one of our independent book stores, up here in the land of originality. Aren't they gorgeous? When I asked for permission to take the pictures, I also inquired as to how it was all put together. I was told that the original counter was black, which creates the lovely leading effect. They took papers of all sorts, from books, encyclopedias, maps et. al. and colored/dyed them first -- before cutting, tearing, affixing and adding the finish coat. This work seriously constitutes a novel idea! Bravo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...