Tuesday, June 3, 2014

3D Spring Blossoms with Tissue Paper in Children's Art

Spring Blossoms in 3D Tissue Paper Multi-Media at RainbowsWithinReach

The world is a-bloom with color! 
The memories of my spring Author-Illustrator school visits now match the reality outside our window. The orchards are blooming in northern Wisconsin! Seeing hillside after undulating hillside awash with blossoms, prompted me to go back through the images I took on site earlier this spring in the 'lower' states. CHERRIES! APPLES! Tissue paper! Oh my! 

Spring Blossoms in Tissue Paper at RainbowsWithinReach

These projects were created under the direction of art teachers and displayed proudly on the hallway bulletin boards for all to appreciate. This first selection of work no doubt unfolded over a series of visits. The crayon resist branches followed by water color skies. Then the final addition of 'tissue paper' blossoms. The contrast between the paintings and the scrunched tissue really makes the project *POP*!!!


Spring Blossoms in Tissue Paper at RainbowsWithinReach

As a former elementary school Art teacher, I never fail to appreciate the work created by young wonders and the dedication of the Art teacher toiling hard to bring it to display-ready status. I can always judge the caliber and health of the Arts in a school district based on the public hallways in their school buildings. I am often invited into buildings where there is a priority in the Arts. I'm delighted to share here, what I have had the privilege of seeing first hand.



Spring Blossoms in Tissue Paper at RainbowsWithinReach

Spring Blossoms in Tissue Paper at RainbowsWithinReach

Look closely at these next 'forsythia buds' and tell me what you think has created this multi-media experience. 

3D Multi-media Spring Forsythia in Vase at RainbowsWithinReach

Need a closer view? 
How's this for a close-up?

3D Multi-media Spring Forsythia in Vase at RainbowsWithinReach

Closer still? 
Have you figured it out yet? 
Are you thinking of your morning cereal? 
Coo-coo for Cocoa Puffs!

3D Multi-media Spring Forsythia in Vase at RainbowsWithinReach

Now for some blown ink drawings of branches. 
The tissue paper in this exercise is multi-colored. 
A whole different experience. 
Spring-is-in-the-air! 

Multi-media Blown Ink and Tissue Paper for Spring Blossoms at RainbowsWithinReach


Multi-media Blown Ink and Tissue Paper for Spring Blossoms at RainbowsWithinReach

Multi-media Blown Ink and Tissue Paper for Spring Blossoms at RainbowsWithinReach

Multi-media Blown Ink and Tissue Paper for Spring Blossoms at RainbowsWithinReach

Multi-media Blown Ink and Tissue Paper for Spring Blossoms at RainbowsWithinReach

Multi-media Blown Ink and Tissue Paper for Spring Blossoms at RainbowsWithinReach

Now for a peek at our orchard surroundings. 
These beauties are just outside the newly expanded Sequist orchard,
just up the road from our Sister Bay village.
These are cherry trees doing their annual spring thing.
I think this year looks to be a bumper crop! 

Cherry Orchards in Bloom in Door County, WI at RainbowsWithinReach

Cherry Orchards in Bloom in Door County, WI at RainbowsWithinReach

While I'm thinking trees and seasons, 
it seems fitting to glance back at a few other images I've shared previously.

Trees with "Mosaic-like" Tissue Leaves for Fall via RainbowsWithinReach

Seasons Change: Trees through the Year at RainbowsWithinReach

Trees by the Seasons with Tissue Paper at RainbowsWithinReach

photo of: Trees by the Season with Colored Tissue Paper (via RainbowsWithinReach)

I'll leave you with a couple of examples of tissue paper explorations for letters of the alphabet. 
These are real beauties in and of themselves.
Letter H is straightforward, but wait till you see letter J! 

Letter H in Tissue Paper at RainbowsWithinReach

Letter J in Tissue Paper and Raffia at RainbowsWithinReach

I'm always grateful for your pins. 
That's how new people 'discover' me! 
Thanks for your thoughtful ripple out into the world. 

3D Multi-Media Spring Blossoms in Tissue Paper at RainbowsWithinReach

If you liked these you may appreciate seeing this earlier RoundUP of Trees-in-the-Classroom. 

Trees in the Classroom (RoundUP via RainbowsWIthinReach)

I'm always hopeful that my blogging efforts will lure an Art teacher here to become introduced to my picture books and the illustrations that I created for them from fabric. 

Three Picture Books by Debbie Clement of Rainbows Within Reach

I have had some A.MA.ZING teacher responses to my work over the years. 
Here are a couple of GIGANTIC collaborative efforts. 

Collaborative Quilt Masterpiece in Response to "You're Wonderful" by Debbie Clement

Collaborative Kindergarten Patriotic Quilt in Response to "Red, White and Blue" by Debbie Clement

Art Teachers I have a couple of Golden Oldies for you! 
Here's the Art Room Organization Extravaganza.

Art Room RoundUP and Organization via RainbowsWithinReach

I also have 3 installments of Art History in Elementary.
This is where you begin: Art History 101.

photo of: Art History 101: Art Projects for Early Elementary via RainbowsWithinReach


I now have 153,000+ Pinterest followers. Click pic to join them!

Follow on Bloglovin

Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Homeschooler - TeachersPayTeachers.com



1 comment:

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...