Sunday, May 1, 2011

Art Materials in Reggio





REGGIO, EMILIA: ITALY!!!!!!!!! Does it seem to anyone else that my life is one big rainbow?? Honest-to-goodness, I am always searching for the bright rainbows that are indeed-within-reach. Getting to tour in Reggio, Italy! Getting to PERFORM for Italian children in Italy!! As a former elementary school art teacher, it doesn't get much better than this!!! Honest. Just as soon as I realized that my tour to Italy was coming together for Month-of-the-Military Child, I starting planning how we could see some 'reggio' in action.

To have Arlana, my amazing "agent" orchestrate a day's tour for her staff, in barter for my performing for the Italian children & teachers was the greatest idea possible. Spoiler alert!!!! Let me warn you that the only way you get a rainbow is to have some rain, some storms and that sunny disposition -- all rolled into one.





In my very brief moments available for observation and documenting it was obvious that everywhere I turned there were shelves & shelves of available art materials. I loved the center that had the dual-painting stations with the handy dispensers of rolled paper. Seeing an easel with a '10-banger' tray for paint cups just gave me all sorts of inspiration...... and the Pasta Rainbow just made me smile! After being seperated during our 'crack-the-whip' like journey across Reggio and then to be united at the last possible moment..... let's just saw it was the roller coaster ride of our whole European adventure. Yet in the end there was a rainbow, and you can see that evidence for yourself.

Needless to say, I long for an opportunity to return!!! Arlana, are you listening?

[Here's the whole chronicle of all of my posts related to our day in Reggio.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...