Sunday, December 15, 2013

A Kindergarten Christmas: Seasonal Crafts

A Kindergarten Christmas: Season Crafts and Bulletin Boards at RainbowsWithinReach

It's a KINDERGARTEN CHRISTMAS! 
Happy birthday to me! I'm still celebrating! 
If I'm still downloading pictures, that means the celebration can continue, right? Could there be a better plan than orchestrating a school author-illustrator visit to 150 of my closest Kinder-friends: On.My.BIRTHDAY? I think not! 

This is the week that I'm bunking in with my WonderPeeps in oh-so-freezing Ohio. We've been long in conversation about my official school visit to the WonderKinderTwinzees elementary. They have been patiently awaiting my return flight. Whooop! Whooop! 

So what you're about to 'see' are the various projects that were underway and hanging in anticipation of Christmas around the corner. Let's get started with this simple and so clever 'gift wrapping' from the Christmas box here in the basement. 

Snowman Gift Bag Wrap in Kindergarten via RainbowsWithinReach

This simple snowman gift wrap was saved with the keepsakes from earlier years. 
This is actually WonderBoy's Christmas project from a couple of years back. 
I've said it before and I'll say it again: "Simple always works!" 

How can you go wrong with handprints at this time of year. 
Here's a bulletin board featuring the proverbial Reindeer antler handprints. 

Rudolph Handprint Bulletin Board via RainbowsWIthinReach

Handprints can also be painted to create Christmas trees! 
The stars are affixed and awaiting their photograph adornment. 

Painted Handprint Christmas Trees via RainbowsWithinReach

Candy Canes afford the opportunity to think about patterns! 
Think of all the fine motor work involved in creating these gems. 

Candy Cane Patterns in Kindergarten via RainbowsWithinReach

Here are some ornaments, with buttons drying. 
These will hang on Christmas trees for years to come! 

Christmas Ornaments with School Pictures via RainbowsWithinReach

"Lacing" a Holiday Stocking via RainbowsWithinReach

Holiday Elves on Display via RainbowsWithinReach

Here's a little peek at our all kinder-fun-concert! 
Getting this party started! 

A Kindergarten Concert with Debbie Clement of RainbowsWIthinReach

I was fortunate to have our daughter in attendance to act as photographer. 
I just adore seeing the rapt attention of the crowd -- 
after the fact! 

Kindergarten Crowd during Author-Illustrator Visit with Debbie Clement


And here are my two dignitaries helping out on the BIG stage. That's Mr. Eyelashes holding my original 'quilt' (that I designed and sewed) as one of the illustrations within my picture book version, of 
"You're Wonderful." 
Little Red is holding the traditional hardback picture book, so that the crowd can compare the two to one another. Gotta be my favorite part of every show! 

Debbie Clement and her WonderTwinzees during Author-Illustrator Kinder Visit

A GREAT time was had by all!


Last week I shared this angel keepsake tutorial. 
These were made in Preschool, but would also be a delight for Kinders. 
Click back to see them in all their glory! 


Christmas Angel Keepsake from a Paper Plate via RainbowsWithinReach

Santa Star Keepsake via RainbowsWithinReach

Decorated Classroom Doors for Christmas via RainbowsWithinReach

I also had an article recently with Christmas bulletin Boards and Decorated Classroom Door Ideas. 
Click either image to go back to that earlier article. 

Christmas Bulletin Boards and Decorated Doors in Preschool via RainbowsWithinReach


Painted Gingerbread People and Gingerbread Houses


It's still my lucky birthday weekend! 
I've put my entire TpT store on sale at 20% off through today and tomorrow..... 
Now's the time to get some new music for the new year ahead! 
By all means, I appreciate your pins. 
That's the kindest way to bring some visibility to my travels. 

Follow Me on Pinterest

And we conclude the weekend with one more sharing of this image I created to honor those at Sandy Hook Elementary. I took the photo in Indy at Union Station, in the midst of my SDE presentation last week. Even at that moment I knew I wanted to create an uplifting montage. 
Please feel free to share it in your social networking circles. 


Let your LIGHT shine! Teacher quote at RainbowsWithinReach



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...