Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Ready for the Contest??











We're getting closer & closer to my big, first ever blog HOP!!! My fellow educators have now received their copy of my INDIE award-winning book and are in the midst of writing their thoughts to share with you & the wider world of blog readers. I will have the super post up here on Thurs morning, at the latest. Together we will be selecting 11 lucky 'winners' to receive a signed copy of my "Red, White and Blue" picture book. There will be all sorts of ways to enter: posting comments, tweeting notices, following my blog thru FB networked blogs -- you name it.


I also have recruited a school counselor and she is writing a blog post from her unique perspective and training. I have asked her to weigh in on how we can be helpful to our students, our children and others during this time of observation of the 10th anniversary of the historic event of September 11th. You'll want to read her insightful comments, I'm sure.

Meanwhile. Don't you just LOVE this bulletin board display? It is truly the most amazing compliment and support to walk into a school building and find an artistic response from the students to my work, to my picture book hangin in the hallway for the whole building to appreciate. This awesome display was my morning greeting for my end-of-the-year ANNUAL visit in Westerville, OH with some of my favorite K-Klasses on earth! None of us could remember exactly, but we think this was either my 6th or 7th year to make my GCAC Artist in the Schools visit to this pair of inspiring teachers and their eager ones.

Since I've had a track record of returning year after year we all know how to work well together. The students are already familiar with my books & songs before I walk in the door! So I get to be the diva, rock-star author-lady, that they've been waiting to meet all year long!!! (Click here for suggestions on setting up a successful author visit.)

What's even more incredible is that these Buckeye kids were using the marble painting method to create their fireworks display, when two states to the west in Illinois, Carie was having her kindergarten kids use marble-painting as the methodology to create their collosal community quilt. Great minds think alike!!! How small world is that??
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...