Saturday, August 14, 2010

LUCKY Day/BIG Day!!




This has been a seriously BIG day. A LUCKY day. A BIG, LUCKY day. An awesome BIG, LUCKY day. Whooooot!! Whooooott!!! I started the day with a 12.5 mile bike trek in under an hour. Truth be told it was 59:59 -- but technically that was under an hour. Got cleaned up & then I finished the FINAL illustration in my upcoming book. Firehouse 10 is complete!! Allen had searched all thru Green Bay to find a place to scan it for the book production and was unsuccessful in finding anyone that could handle an image that big, so it is en route to cow-town Columbus to join it's earlier relatives. That was all before noon, as that's when our post office closes.

Then we spent the early afternoon right here at home for our annual Arts Festival. New this year was a raffle. Many of the artists had donated a piece to be given to the public for the time it took to write your name & phone number on the slip. You guessed it. I won!! I won big time!! I won a one-of-a-kind crafted fiber scarf-like shawl. They called me to let me know on our way back from seeing the Indie flick, filmed here in Door County called "Feed the Fish." [We howled often and out loud, a must see for any DC aficionados.]

Anyhow. Back to my big win. Sue Donohoo had selected a black & white wrap for her contribution. Seriously!! Black & white. I stopped by to thank her and received a mini-demonstration of at least two dozen ways to wear her creation. There are some hidden teeny buttons and loops that make sleeves and various other alterations. I've been a long time admirer of her work. Now I will have the perfect wrap for every occasion. I can already imagine wearing it to the airport. It's the ideal weight AND it will go with absolutely every single one of my outfits.

Do you love the license plates? Two of my favorites. Sis Bay in California: a real find. Wis Gigi: don't tell Sarah, or I'll get a lecture about being gone too long.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...