Thursday, August 5, 2010

Firetrucks for #16









When I zipped thru Ohio last month I started doing my research in earnest on 'firetrucks' as I had come to the conclusion that would be the subject of the remaining, final, last, concluding, two page spread awaiting fabric-treatment, for my upcoming picture book. As I thought back to my memories of the September eleventh nightmare, it was the rescue personnel and their amazing acts of bravery in the face of the unknown & unbelievable that riveted my heart. They 'ran in' when so many were trying to 'run out'. So firetrucks, simultaneously both preschool-esque & also a concrete reminder of that day and the days that followed. The two pages immediately preceding this will be a cityscape. These will accompany the verse, "clap for our country."

Sarah and I took the twins to her local fire station, introduced ourselves, explained my project and got permission to photograph the trucks for my later reference. The firefighters were kind enough to give the twins their own hats as a memento of our little field trip.

Today I received the final music notation from Judy Ginsburgh who responded to my desperate plea for help in transcribing the musical arrangement from CD form to staff paper. The pieces of the puzzle are coming together. Thanks, Judy!!!! (I have permanently added her website in the resource column of 'friends-with-talent' section, here on my blog.)

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...