Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Volkswagon Vans on Parade








Have I ever told you about being the owner of a Volkswagon Van? It was big and brown and not particularly shiny. It was when the girls were in preschool. I know this quite specifically because I once closed that enormously heavy, sliding side door on Sarah's finger. I was picking them up from a preschool morning. I had to put my entire weight into slamming that door shut. Right at the very last minute she stuck her hand out thru the remaining gap to wave good-bye to her preschool heart-throb, Eric. There was no going back at that point. It closed and caught her finger. Somehow, must have been with the grace of angels, she didn't lose that finger. Didn't even break it. Probably because of that singular moment suspended in time, I was more than happy to wave goodby to that vehicle.

Now Brian & Megan out in Denver have a VW camper van that has won awards for their tender loving care. Imagine our delighted surprise to see that this VW convention was taking place at the auditorium just down the beach from our resort. I'm taking these pictures from our pool deck -- as they paraded right past. Seriously organized. Seriously!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...