Friday, February 19, 2010

FIVE WEEKS LATER!!!!




Today is Friday. That means it's five weeks since my surgery. From yesterday morning's sunrise -- where I was wearing my winter coat and gloves, with a temperature hovering just above freezing.......... to today when there was about 45 minutes where we could put on our bathing suits and go down by the pool, what a turn around.

I wanted a trumpet fanfare. Me in a bathing suit, five weeks post, in public!!! I didn't even require happy pills to make my 'debut.' No one went running from the pool in horror. It was a very "non" event. The fact that my suit is covered in polka dots gave me the needed strength. Laugh-out-loud, indeed. (The wind block from the resort made us almost feel like we were in Florida and then in the blink of an eye, the predicted cloud cover sent us scurrying for our wind breakers.)

It's great to have crossed the 'bathing suit barrier'. The huge mental hurdle..... or is it the emotional hurdle?? In any case -- the hurdle has been crossed with success. Whoop! Whoop!!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...