Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Mountains: Fabric Collage



I am in the midst of juggling SEVERAL projects at the moment. We're continually making progress on my new book, "Tall Giraffe" so that has allowed me to return to quilt making for what will be my third book, "Red, White and Blue." Here you follow the momentum in my little studio over the last week. This will be my ode to purple-mountains-majesty two page spread, when all is said and done. Probably very near to the beginning of the book. The text will likely be the phrase 'sing for our country, sing for our country.'

As I got to work selecting the fabrics to use for this particular illustration, I decided to use the technique of "fusing" as the process of joining the fabrics. Let's hear it for 'Wonder Under' as that's the glue that holds it all together. So I've been fusing to my heart's content. There will eventually be additional 'thread work' to further embelish the shapes and colors above. This is very much a work in progress, but 'seeing' it come to life here, makes it seem more real to me. **This makes quilt #10 out of an eventual 16 quilts, for a 32 page book.....for those of you keeping track for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...