Friday, September 5, 2008

A Few of my Favorite Things

Speaking of photo collages...... look what we have here!! This is a framed genealogical study hanging here in our hallway. Starting in the near middle -- the fourth picture from the left: you find a black and white picture of ME, moi -- at about the age of four (give or take.) Then to my left is my mom at about the same age, and then to her left is her mom and to the left again is her mom, my GREAT grandmother!! Now start again. First picture (reading left to right) is my great-grandmother whom you've now met, then my grandmother, then my mother, then MOI and continuing on is my first born daughter, followed by my second born daughter, followed by MY sister (my mom's second daughter) and last but not least is my niece (my sister's daughter.) Got it? There will be a quiz, but it will be open-book.

Each night as I head to bed, I pass this incredible Christmas present from some years back and I am reminded anew from whence I come. Imagine the stories that could be shared around a campfire between all of these young giggling girls, filled with potential and awaiting opportunity. What choices will be made? What paths chosen? Which possibilities pursued? Hmmmmm. I now have a grand-daughter myself and my mom is now a GREAT grandmother! I wonder if I'll get this re-framed some day to add this next generation of girl power? Time marches on.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...