Monday, September 22, 2008

1312: One Happy Island

So just after I finished my radiation treatments last summer (36 trips to Riverside Hospital) following the removal of the breast cancer, my dear sweet husband started planning our second honeymoon to ARUBA. Earlier this summer, P.B. [pre-blog] as we were landing on the island we had to fill out our forms for official entry. It had a line for your birthday, with the day's number coming before the month of the year. Well........ then we got to the island and learned the slogan: "One happy island" was an accurate description of this oasis and found it posted on each of their license plates. T-h-e-n we went downtown -- to the capitol city and enjoyed kicking around a flea market. Every one of the various merchants had boxes of outdated license plates to sell as souvenirs. I knew I'd like to bring one home as a reminder of this amazing trip.

So I decided that I'd like a red plate, each year had it's own color, as it would fit best with my office color scheme. Next I told Allen that I wanted to find a 'good' number. He responded with "what's a good number?" It was just then that I looked in my very first box of red plates and flipped right to number 1312!! My birth date in Arubian nomenclature. How amazing is that? Some folks would say, 'what a happy coincidence.' I just gotta think that it's an angelic, serendipitous wink from above, reminding me -- that all's right with the world. I'm always on the look out for just such winks of encouragement.... and am convinced that the more I look -- the more I find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...