Sunday, August 31, 2014

BEGIN with the End in Mind: Kinder Graduation to Launch New Year

Kindergarten Graduation Class of 2026! 



"BEGIN WITH THE END IN MIND!"

Labor Day Weekend. 
School is about to launch for the final wave of children. 
School buses will begin chugging up and down this peninsula 
that we call home for the summer season.
Our northern haven is poised to launch the new school year!
Simultaneously, we are about to begin our snowbird migration.
Which gets me all reflective. 
So I was digging in my memory card and found these goodies! 

This time last year I was making an author-illustrator school visit, 
right down the road a couple of miles. 
I've fallen in LUV with Lizz the Kinder-teacher. 
She set things up for our primary-grades fun! 
These were taken LAST September! 
{Why, YES. I do enjoy my work! Thanks for asking.}   


By the end of the school year we had returned back here to square one in WI! 
I got invited BACK to attend the 'graduation' of my kinder-kiddos. 
Walking into the kinder hallway, 
there were pictures of *MOI* in the year's highlights review! 
So, yes. I took pictures of the pictures! 
Cue Barbara Streisand: "Memories." 
Took my breath away to know I rate the highlight reel! 

Now let's take a look around at Kindergarten graduation.
Take a look at these colorful, Kindergarten mortar boards!
Make note of the drawings on this wall. 
They are a set of 'then' and 'now' self-portraits.  

Kindergarten Graduation: Class of 2026

Everyone in Lizz's class gets a two sided, laminated diploma. The front is the official and signed memento, but even more touching is the drawing on the back, with the caption, "When I am older I will be a __________. Just you wait and see." 


"When I am older I will be a pilot. Just you wait and see." 



As if the diploma is not enough of a memento..... 
each child has a class shirt, 
complete with self-portraits of everyone in the class!
The shirts are ordered LARGER than the kiddos. 
Rumor has it that many graduating seniors still sport their kindergarten t-shirt lo, those many years later. 


I have LOTS of favorite parts of this event. 
As a former elementary art teacher, parent and now grandparent? 
My FAVE FAVE is the self-portrait drawings captured at the beginning of the year, 
and then mounted with a final portrait as the year concludes. 
Laminated together. 
PROGRESS. 
Real. Live. Tangible. PROGRESS! 
Right there as a reminder!
Who remembers how far we've come? 
Who can go back that far? 
Here is the evidence.  
So it is that we: 



















Debbie Clement Welcome for Author-Illustrator School Visit

We are just beginning to get this next school year's schedule organized. 
NOW is the time to plant the seeds to have me come to YOUR school. 
It all begins with your brainstorm. 
I have an entire slideshow of my travels -- to get your wheels turning.



YES!!! ALL of my books may be ordered from me directly
*I also have digital files of 'just' the song, in Mp3 format with pdfs of the support material at TpT. 


Begin the Year Performance Songs by Debbie Clement

I am so very grateful for every pin that you initiate. 
That is often how people discover me! 
Such a kindness. 
Thank you!!!


Join my 162,500+ Pin Followers, Click the pic! 

Follow on Bloglovin

Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Homeschooler - TeachersPayTeachers.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...