Tuesday, April 29, 2014

End of the Year Bulletin Boards and Decorated Doors

End of Year Bulletin Boards and Door Decorations via RainbowsWithinReach

End-of-Year Count Downs have begun in Earnest! 

Making my school author-illustrator visits at this time of year is always a delight. Teams are working together like well-oiled machines. Classrooms are in the groove of routine. Students are thrilled to have something *NEW* on the agenda! Voila. Look at all of the excitement that greeted me exactly one week ago in Tennessee. What fun to get introduced by an enthusiastic principal! 

Debbie Clement Author-Illustrator School Visit Introduction

Look at that backdrop of student artwork in response to the illustrations in my three picture books! For this visit I was the guest of Kristine, brand new blogger at "Little Nuggets." I will have a future article where we revisit all of this amazing and AUTHENTIC student artwork! 

Kindergarten AUTHENTIC Artwork in Response to Debbie Clement Picture Books

Today I thought the greatest service that I can offer up quickly is to share these great End-of-the-Year bulletin Boards that were on display just inside their front door. 

Here's a variation on the classic concept, 
"When I Grow Up I Want to Be............." 


"When I Grow UP I Want to Be............." via RainbowsWithinReach

There are some universal answers here: 
- teacher
-doctor 
-singer 

and I just giggled-out-loud when I saw: 
-demolitionist!

"When I Grow UP I Want to Be............." via RainbowsWithinReach

This A to Z bulletin board for career consideration was right beside the one above about specific student aspirations. I was especially tickled to see that the Q prompted the suggestion of QUILTER as a career! 


Bulletin Board: Careers A to Z via RainbowsWithinReach

When we are all gathered together in the gym or cafeteria for my presentation, I always make a point to tell even the youngest groups that, "THIS IS MY JOB!" I get paid money to come to schools. Even the littles are impressed with that concept! MONEY? She get's paid money to be a quilter? That's a real job? Well, if you check the anchor chart above, you'll note that the letter 'I' can be an ILLUSTRATOR. 

"You're Wonderful" Picture Book Illustrations from Fabric by Debbie Clement

Yes. I make my picture book illustrations from fabric as small quilts! 

Now for a couple of other happy EOY bits and pieces.
I saw this variation of the grown up job aspiration in OH last spring. 


Kindergarten Graduation Bulletin Board via RainbowsWithinReach

Kindergarten Graduation Bulletin Board via RainbowsWithinReach

Kindergarten Graduation Bulletin Board via RainbowsWithinReach

Here's a great bulletin board for End of Year festivities and can be adapted for numerous grade levels. Oh, too cute for a ramp up to Kindergarten RoundUP.
CELEBRATE!

Bulletin Board for Preschool Graduation via RainbowsWithinReach

You'll have to do a little 'work' to pull of this crossword puzzle idea. 
Again. Easy to use for any grade level! 

Bulletin Board for first grade, Bulletin board for kindergarten graduation

These Floridians are used to wearing their 'shades'
but this concept is a real winner -- where ever the location! 

End of Year "Graduation" Bulletin Board via RainbowsWithinReach

Drumroll!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Here's the perfect caption that can be adapted for a bulletin board or used to decorate your classroom door as 'picture' below! Grab up some FAVE pictures from the year's highlights and display them prominently. The PERFECT way to reflect over the year that is reaching a conclusion. 

End of Year "Picture Perfect" Bulletin Board via RainbowsWithinReach

Here's a couple of other smile makers! 

"What stuck with you today?" Decorated Door via RainbowsWithinReach

Kindergarten Bulletin Board via RainbowsWithinReach RoundUP of Bulletin Boards

"Character is our Super Power" Bulletin Board via RainbowsWithinReach

Father's Day is also on the horizon! 
This is a s-w-e-e-t idea for the PreK crowd. 

Father's Day Bulletin Board Idea via RainbowsWithinReach

This was the first and last image I saw as I entered and departed from the TN school last week. 
What an utterly brilliant idea to 'signal' parents their timeliness for arrival. 

Such a pleasant reminder. 
I LUV LUV LUV the message of THANKS! for being on-time! 

Front Door "Reversible" Sign for School: On Time vs. Tardy via RainbowsWithinReach

If you click back in time, I have two earlier RoundUPs for EOY. 
This first one is FILLED with rhymes + hand print keepsakes. 

End of Year Rhymes + Keepsakes RoundUP via RainbowsWithinReach

Last year I wrote a little poem that you are welcome to copy and give to your Wonders. 
It is cataloged up in the top tab under "Freebies" as a pdf for your ease in printing. 

End of Year Poem by Debbie Clement (FREEBIE pdf at the Early Education Emporium)

My very first picture book, "You're Wonderful" is often performed for EOY festivities. 
I have received word that it will be used for Mother's Day gatherings and graduations too! 
You can purchase the immediate digital download at Teachers Pay Teachers. 
The zipped file has 2 Mp3's of my song by that name: a sung version and an instrumental, too! 

"You're Wonderful" as digital Download: Suitable for EOY: Graduation & Mother's Day

If you've never heard the song, you'll want to listen to the simplicity. 
You have plenty of time to get it ready for a performance. 
The zipped file has a chart of sign language to support your show. 
Here's a sweet 'flipbook' with children's pictures drawn for me this winter. 




Would you be a sweet heart and pin from this article? 
Every pin sends another ripple into the cyber world and brings new eyes back here. 
Thanks so much for your help, by sharing.

Follow Debbie Clement on Pinterest!
Click to follow me! Join my 150,000+ friends!

Yes! I finally hit 150,000 followers at Pinterest! 
Whoooop! Whoooooop!
Thanks for starting ripples. 

Follow on Bloglovin




No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...