Tuesday, January 14, 2014

FREE! NEW Design Tool: 'Canva' LUV IT!

"Canva Design Challenge" and Blog Linky with Debbie Clement

CANVA Design: I am in LUV LUV LUV! 


Welcome, if you're new here! I am a technological cave person. Absolutely NOTHING comes intuitively to me in the realm of technology, with the one notable exception: Pinterest! I do 'get' Pinterest. {See my P-Tutorial here.} I get to travel as an Author-Illustrator making school visits, so I'm used to taking a lot of pictures. We just moved to Vero Beach, where my favorite thing is da beach! So I've been taking a LOT of pictures of said waves-on-sand action. Up until today, I would have used Picmonkey to share my images with you. And I would have been thrilled with the results. Ta Da!

Picmonkey Beach Collage by Debbie Clement

Drumroll... now there's a new kid on the block. A new tool for your tool belt. 

[Let's remember that I have a degree in graphics and design. Let's remember that my degree was conferred in the late nineteen seventies. A different century all together. Our primary tools of that era were rubber cement and press type. When I came to the fork in the road between a life of design over a drawing board and that of interaction with children -- I followed my bliss down the 'education' side of my Art degree. The side where I was certified to teach Art, K-12. Happy with that decision. As a result of that choice though, I've never owned such tools as Photoshop or pursued any other digital software. After all I am a techno-cave-person.]

Then Sunday night, behind the blogging scenes, I just happened to hear the delightful Erin Wing of the incredible blog, "Small Types" share about a new FREE tool: CANVA. Canva has changed my world view. Just like that! SNAP. LUV it! LUV, LUV, LUV, LUV, LUV it!!!

If you're following me on Instagram you may have seen this image already. Anything, but 'insta' but able to communicate snappily with my audience there. In fact it has already generated a couple of insta-conversations! I also put this next image on my FB fanpage. Golly, I'm giddy with the possibilities! 

Author-Illustrator School Visit Possibilities with Debbie Clement

You're going to have to try it to believe it. 
There are layers. 
There are search functions. 
There are overlays. 
There are oodles of free bits and pieces. 
There are unlimited possibilities.

Look at how sweet this little 'design element' turned out. 
That's me & the hubs and on the right? My grandparents!

Canva Design Linky Challenge at Debbie Clement's RainbowsWithinReach

Taking a look back at some Christmas family gathering shots, already on my desktop. Shazam. Pop. Instant new little collage worth smiling over. The more I work in Canva, the quicker I get! 

Canva Design Linky Challenge at Debbie Clement's RainbowsWithinReach

Will you forgive me for this next one?
Couldn't resist. 
Don't tell the mister. He doesn't approve. 
But........... I think the caption says it all. 
It's Florida. They're young. It's cute. Makes me smile. 

"You're Only Young Once" Canva Design Challenge with Debbie Clement at RainbowsWithinReach Linky

The best way to figure out Canva is to jump in! 
Here's one of my favorite sunsets from last summer. 
Retooled with a basic template. 
A FREE template. 
I did add a couple of extra free 'lines.' 

"Canva Design Challenge" with Debbie Clement at RainbowsWithinReach Linky

Let me tell you a little bit more about myself. 
Take a look at this cutie composite. 
I have to stop myself or I'd seriously get carried away! 



To show you what spending a dollar can garner........... 
take a look at this one. 
I spent a dollar on the giraffe image. 

Tall Giraffe by Debbie Clement at RainbowsWithinReach Canva Design Challenge


As a little incentive/encouragement, I thought I'd open a linky. 
We can see what each other create.
Show off your experiments!
New addition: Here's one I just finished! 
Hope it makes you smile!!!
I'd be so grateful if you'd pin it! 

Keep Calm and Create On: "Canva Challenge" with Debbie Clement at RainbowsWithinReach



You can use this creation as a button when you link back here.  

Create & Share with Canva Design Blog Linky hosted by Debbie Clement

Can't wait to see what you dream up! 

P.S. This just in! I just got an email that my SlideShare presentation received enough views to get it into the top 3% of viewership for the year 2013. Whoop Whoop! 


Isn't it amazing that I'm attempting all of these new and different platforms?
This news just absolutely BLOWS my mind!  

Here's my SlideShare link: 




Now get to 'work' on Canva and come back and show us what ya made. 
Just tack an image you create at the end of your newest blog article! 
And share it back here. 

1 comment:

  1. Debbie, you always brighten my day! I'm glad you're having fun with it. I loooove it too! And thank you so much for the sweet mention. You can also come visit me at my brand new blog home www.homeliteracyblueprint.com, btw. :) (Same literacy content, new and improved format.)

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...