Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Veteran's Day Patriotic Author Visit Art Response: GRATITUDE


BLESSINGS, GRATITUDE and MAKING a DIFFERENCE

Kindergarten is such an incredible time. It's a magic intersection between imagination coupled with make-believe and an encyclopedic curiosity of interests and specificity. The fact that I get to spend time with these five year olds as they're turning six is a highlight every author-illustrator school visit I get to make. It's a time to be protected at all costs. After all. Kindergarten is the foundation of all that is to come. I've been pinching myself and counting my blessings... because I've had a new up close and personal glimpse into the kinder-world. 


Being greeted in the parking lot by the SUPER-KINDER teacher of the century, I realize that I'd recognize her anywhere. She's smiling ear-to-ear and pulling a lil red WAGON to make my life easier. Up until this moment we've only been 'email friends' but before my car is unpacked I feel welcome. What is more difficult to express is that I feel 'wanted.' IN THE PARKING LOT!

Isn't it every creative person's strongest desire to feel as though they've made a difference? To contribute? To know that your being here, on Planet Earth has amounted to something? On this November day the parking lot is lit up with excitement. And I feel adored. IN THE PARKING LOT! 

"Wait till you see! Wait till you see what we've done!" 

We enter the building by the back, staff, parking lot door, and immediately upon entering this landmark elementary building, I see the ubiquitous {I've ALWAYS wanted to have the opportunity to say ubiquitous} handprint painted American flag. I am 'home.' I am with my people. This day has been anticipated. There has been planning and preparation and excitement brewing. There has been activity and energy and enthusiasm percolating. And now the day has arrived! And I feel elated. 




















I know that Veteran's Day is literally just around the corner. 
There's still time to get my song DIGITALLY. 
In an instant. 
It comes in a zipped file, with 2 Mp3 versions: sung & instrumental. 

It's on sale right this minute at Teachers Pay Teachers. 
Just click the picture below to go there immediately. 


It all starts with purple mountain majesties. 

Purple mountain majesties in "Red, White and Blue" by Debbie Clement






2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing the work you do with kids! I linked to one of your Pinterest boards in a recent blog post: http://takelessons.com/blog/creative-pinterest-parents. I know it will be a great resource for parents and teachers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megan!!!!!!! Thanks so much! I have so much to learn about getting my 'message' out (beyond the end of my nose) and I can use all the help that I can get. I'm so very grateful.

      Debbie

      Delete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...