Sunday, November 24, 2013

Turkey Feathers of Gratitude! Piggyback Song!


Let the GRATITUDE Rain Down! 

Welcome to a new week! A new week to spill gratitude from beginning-to-end. Edge-to-edge. Top-to-bottom. Left-to-right! Yesterday was the conclusion of NAEYC. Very definitely the most  grueling longest triumphant 4 days in the calendar year. Now. On to the turkey! 


Before I get to spend this week with family from here-to-there, I thought I'd add a few final turkey-images. I realize that they are probably too late for your use this year, but perhaps you could pin some ideas for your thankfulness next year! One final bulletin board of turkey gratitude. You'll have to go back in time to see the RoundUP of several dozen Turkey/Gratitude/Thanksgiving/Pilgrim bulletin boards. 


These images are from my 'day-like-Oprah' in Alexandria just last week. I just about did a cartwheel when I saw this anchor chart with the "Turkey Poem." I used to lead this poem as a song -- at least three decades ago. A classic! I wonder who wrote the words? Think of it as a piggyback song and use the tune, "Pop Goes the Weasel." You know how I like BIG endings. This is so much fun with your littles...... with an ever louder crescendo of 'gobble, GobBle, GOBBLE.' 

Turkey Feathers of Gratitude via RainbowsWithinReach

You know that craft projects on paper plates are simple and always in style. 
The turkeys above feature kindergarten feathers of gratefulness. 
The turkeys below had cartoon bubbles of written gratitude.


Can you say turkey handprints? 
These use painted hands to create the tail feathers!!!

I LUV LUV LUV the personally 'drawn' turkey bodies!  




Here's the welcome 'bulletin board' that spells out the experience of the kinder-writers. 
The label even goes as far as to spell out the Common Core standards being used. 


 

Here's a few random shots in the classrooms. 
Just for fun! 
I know how you like to look over each other's shoulders for inspiration. 




We went directly from Ramsey Elementary to the downtown convention center in Washington DC. 
Time for NAEYC 2013. Welcome to the Exhibit Hall! 
Here's my sweet Sharon and her froggie friends -- from Frog Street Press. 


Then Thursday morning I got to pop in ever-so-briefly for a few hugs
at the Redleaf author reception. 


The final hug of the entire event was one of the most memorable: 
ELLA JENKINS! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...