Thursday, July 5, 2012

Three Little Pig Projects

photo of: This Little Piggy Art Projects

PIGS, PIGS, PIGS and YET MORE PIGS!!

Let's have some fun today and take a look at oodles of responses to the great PIG literature: PIGGY FOLK Tales!!

photo of: This Little Piggy Art Project: Concentric Circles in Children's Art

I've got pig art projects, pig bulletin boards, pig collaborative writing, pig comparative writing, pig drawings, pigs dancing -- the whole pig enchilada! These projects were captured during my end of the year Author Illustrator School Visits. ENJOY!!


photo of: This Little Dancing Piggy Art Project: Concentric Circles in Children's Art

These happy concentric circle pigs above were displayed in a showcase and then spilled on to its adjoining bulletin board as well. I LUV how each one is unique, even within the concept of the project. Individual details and character! 

Now wait till you see these little piggy houses!!



Inside the showcase were these delightful 'milk carton' pig home buildings. Initially painted brown, each side of the carton reflected one choice of pig homes: straw, sticks and bricks. The fourth side was a xerox copy of the book being studied. How outta-this-world cute is that? 

photo of: Three Little Pigs: Nursery Rhymes Milk Carton Project

Just beyond the showcase is the collaborative writing project that summarizes the entire piggy-tale. (Yes, sometimes I just sit here and entertain myself. LOL. 'piggy-tale.' Get it?) 


All of the work above was done at Scioto Darby Elementary School. Now let's go across town and take a look at what the kindergarten students are creating at Darby Creek Elementary. [*My apologies that this next photo is sooooooo bad. I've included it only so you can slightly envision that the LEARNING TARGET was specified in the hallway display.] 

Photo of: Three Little Pigs: Comparing Literature
Learning Target: I can draw + write about my favorite version of The Three Little Pigs

photo of: Three Little Pigs: Comparing Literature by Author Interpretations

photo of: Kindergarten Writing and Drawing Comparative Choice for Three Little Pigs

photo of: Kindergarten Writing and Drawing Comparative Choice for Three Little Pigs
"I like this version because the Wolf got fat." 

photo of: Kindergarten Writing and Drawing Comparative Choice for Three Little Pigs

photo of: Kindergarten Writing and Drawing Comparative Choice for Three Little Pigs

photo of: Kindergarten Writing Samples: Selecting Favorite Folk Tale Version of Pig Literature

Just in case you need to 'sneak' some science into your PIG-Literature Studies, here's a super cute rhyme on mammals presented as an anchor chart..... that could be a pig-a-licious addition to your studies.


photo of: Anchor Chart for Mammals Rhyme

Oh the fun that can be had with pigs!!! 

I have my own happy pig folk tale piece of classic Pig Literature, written and recorded as my "PIGGY RAP."


photo of: Debbie Clement performs her "Piggy Rap" (complete with pig nose!)
Debbie Clement Does the Piggy Rap!

I've received some pretty awesome thank you cards, books and LUV over the years in response to my school visits, but this one is a real 'corker!' CLASS PROJECT!


Take a look at those little drawings, up close and personal. LUV LUV LUV LUV LUV LUV!!


photo of: Piggy Rap Teacher Participants
Piggy Rap Teacher Participants!


photo of: Second Graders Perform Debbie Clement's Piggy Rap
Five Little Piggies in Second Grade Performance of "Piggy Rap" 

Rather that the tale of the three little pigs and their home building decisions, my rap is based on the five little piggies -- the ones that go to the market and stay home and have roast beef and have none, and go wee-wee-wee, all the way home! 


photo of: Kentucky Head Start Conference Keynote with Debbie Clement: Participants Dancing to "Piggy Rap"
Kentucky Head Start Conference Keynote: Piggy Rap Participants 
What fun projects do you have for piggy fun? 

Now take a look at this brilliant idea from "Sun Hats and Wellie Boots." You simply must go over to this link and see the other ideas presented for story telling. 


My "Piggy Rap" is on my second album, 
'Debbie's Ditties 2 Much Fun.'



GOOD NEWS FROM THE FUTURE! 
My Piggy Rap is now a digital download and is available for purchase at Teacher's Pay Teachers.

"Piggy Rap" Goes Digital Download (Shared Reading in Rap) at RainbowsWithinReach

I used this gem as the closing number of my NATIONAL KEYNOTE for 
"I Teach Kindergarten" in VEGAS, baby! 
You simply must watch the video! 
If you're pressed for time watch the final 90 seconds! 
If there's any video that deserves to go Kindergarten-viral, it is this one! 
Tell your friends. 
That's Jon Fines as in @JonFines on Twitter's #Kinderchat who absolutely steals the show, with his 'worm' and more! 
The first little Piggy is Deanna Jump. 
Second Piggy is DeeDee Wills 
Third Piggy is Matt Gomez. 
Fourth is Crystal Radke. 

All superstars in my book! 






Added to my future bloghop: Kindergarten RoundUP

Looking for other great round-ups? 
Making Math Meaningful

My #1 article at the moment is All Things Organizational


Follow on Bloglovin

Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Homeschooler - TeachersPayTeachers.com




14 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the milk carton and having the children decorate all sides to show all the different houses.Have to try this next year! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are soooooo welcome! I thought they were really awesome. Photographing them through the showcase was a challenge, but hopefully you get the idea. It sounds like you've got the inspiration -- and that's my whole point in sharing my observations from my travels.

      Happy planning for next year!

      Debbie

      Delete
  2. Those pigs are so stinkin' cute and I love how the milk carton aids in retelling. Thanks for sharing!

    Maria
    Kinder-Craze

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stinkin' cute: INDEED!!! Thank YOU for your kindness in leaving a comment. LUV hearing from readers -- as you well know!

      Debbie

      Delete
  3. I love your picture of doing the Piggy Rap!! That's so cute!! Thanks for sharing your piggy crafts. I can think of a few ways to use those in my classroom. :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, thanks so much for your encouragement. I'm glad that these teachers have given you some thoughts for the coming year!

      Debbie

      **I do have a RIOT of fun when I get to make "visits" (classroom or conference!)

      Delete
  4. I loved getting to read all the children's writing! What wonderful stories and projects were made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both!!! I LUV LUV LUV to see their written work. When its couple with drawings I'm just over-the-moon. Thanks for stopping by, sweetie!

      Debbie

      Delete
  5. love all your piggy ideas, especially the idea of a piggy rap. Thanks for linking to (and hosting) kids co-op

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monko, thanks for stopping by with support and encouragement. You would adore my "Piggy Rap" -- it's a favorite for so many!

      Debbie

      Delete
  6. Nice 3 Little Pigs activities. I like the drama scene/play. My preschool students took the story outside and built the pig houses out of things they found in nature: http://www.brennaphillips.com/the-3-little-pigs-houses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenna!! What a clever idea that is -- take it all the way to DRAMA! LUV the idea of the 'nature' additions.

      Debbie

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pig craft is just to cute for words!! See a picture of our pigs on my blog

    http://preschoolboogie.blogspot.com/ (I re-posted your blog)

    Thanks for your wonderful ideas!!

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...