Saturday, March 5, 2011

I Think You're Wonderful



Dateline. Sometime back. Right around the holidays, I put up my video shot out in Utah, of my Head Start fan club serenading me with my song, "You're Wonderful" complete in singing & sign language -- all as a surprise from my dear friend Sheila, upon my arrival out there among the glorious red-rock. Anyhow, I was successful in uploading my little two minutes to YouTube......all by myself!!!

Then just as soon as I had it uploaded, I promptly 'forgot' how I did it, how I categorized it and where I put it. Where was it, within the great storehouse of YouTube footage? Total mystery. Completely perplexed I went back over to YouTube and did a search on the title, "You're Wonderful." Much to my complete & total surprise, my absolute & profound amazement, my utter jaw-dropping mind-numbing delight -- I found oodles of 'Debbie Clement' footage archived in the YT vault, footage that I had no awareness of, nor personal participation in filming, nor knowledge of its existence!!!!!! Numerous preschool classes at graduation & other public performances, children in their kitchens & bathrooms giving personal concerts, whole & entire school districts singing & dancing along to my words and melodies. There are amazing renditions of various filmings of my songs. WHO KNEW?????? I'm the last to get the memo. For real.

This little character, Colin, is my all-time fave! He is just adorable and spot on accurate as well!!! He has the lyric, the pitch AND the complete sign language rendition to support the text. I have now moved his glorious footage into my archives here as the perfect tutorial!!! Enjoy!!!!

[Memo to self: I have to figure out how I can get the word to the parents -- as to where they can find my song: ME!! Where they can learn the sign language: ME!!! Where they can get the recording: ME!!!!! Where they can find the book: ME!!!! Who has ideas for how to make that happen?? Suggestions please!! I can't even seem to figure out how to leave a comment on Colin's footage. Argh.]

Still more fun is how this Colin footage makes it's way to my blog, at this particular moment. Once I had discovered it, I had intended to bring-it-to-da-blog. Swiss cheese for brains, since months have passed since my original revelation, I obviously completely misplaced that good intention.

Last week I was fortunate to present a training at the Lorain County JVS for their Early Childhood high school students thanks to the diligent grant writing of one delightful Lisa Robson (more on that incredible visit shortly, consider this mention fore-shadowing as I am completely behind in the documenting of my recent whirlwind of travels.) During my presentation one of the teenagers in the group asked me if I had any footage up on YouTube that they could search. The light bulb went off & I told them about there being numerous 'Debbie Clement' clips and I then I went on to tell them about this little cherub-child filmed in the family bathroom against a shower curtain backdrop.

VOILA!!! As we're driving home from Ft. Pierce in FL, a mere five days later, I'm reading my Facebook wall messages from my laptop in the car (which still & always amazes me ) and I see that my new FB friend, Megan Kudela did her 'homework & research' by forwarding me the very link I mentioned in our seminar -- to my FB wall!!! Thanks, Megan!!!! Her prompt was sufficient to light my fire about sharing Colin with my regular readers here.

Two heads are better than one or in this case it's more like 72 heads are better than one. Megan's kindness allows me to further ponder thru these filmed 36 seconds, that indeed, I have created a legacy. The very best news of this installment of my story? I have been sufficiently fortunate to see my "legacy" before my very own eyes!!! For that gift I will be eternally grateful.
Go Colin. Go Colin. Go, go, go Colin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...