Tuesday, March 31, 2009

JAMBO: Diversity Night


Just up the road from my house, is Licking Heights West Elementary. I learned this evening that the ENTIRE building is made up of kindergarten and first grade students. Several weeks ago I received an inquiry from their social worker asking about using my song, "Jambo" as part of their evening program to celebrate diversity. One thing led to another, and I invited myself to attend the program -- to hear Jambo in person.

Once we put our thinking hats on, it seemed to make sense that I would have a mini-master class with the children and teach them the sign language, prior to their performance. All went swimmingly. How nice to be included in the festivities.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...