Saturday, December 13, 2014

12-13-14 HappyBirthday to ME (by the numbers) Quilted Taggie Blanket

12-13-14! Birthday CELEBRATION with Debbie Clement at RainbowsWithinReach

HAPPY FESTIVE, POLKA-DOTTED BIRTHDAY INDEED!

Who else would be so fortunate as to have a birthday on 12-13-14?
It happens once in a century and today's the day: 
MY DAY!!!
I'm the rainbow girl with the rainbow bird!
This is 'our' painted bunting outside my studio window.
Yes. I talk to him as he eats! 
Spoiler Alert: You must watch the entire minute to see his magnificent head colors.

I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP!!!



12*13* 14:Truth be told I have always been something of a numbers person. 
{{{{{Math geek.}}}}} 
AND I have ALWAYS LUV'd Polka-dots!
and I like RIBBON a LOT!


This week while I've been approaching my momentous birthday, I've been thinking daily about just how fortunate I am. How blessed. How very, very grateful I am for this princess-diva life I'm living. For my unique combination of skills, insight and the advantages of longevity. In my gratitude I've been focused on thinking of others. 

So I've taken my ribbon and my polka-dots and set to work.
This is the Christmas present I'm working on for my GRAND niece. 
It's almost done (except for the quilting) a FULL week early!  
Quilted "Taggie" Blanket for Debbie Clement's GRAND Niece Underway

Our grand niece is traveling to the United States for the first time ever(!) from Paraguay! Her daddy, my nephew Justin, teaches kindergarten there. She's just a couple of months old right now, but I can imagine her playing with these taggie-ribbons over the year to come. 

How cool is it that her first initial is "M" and that her last name begins with "W." All week I've entertained myself knowing that which ever way her taggie faces it will be apropos! Since Jusin + Jonna are busy packing I think it safe to share here. In any case, I'm REAL sure that baby girl "M" will be surprised! 

Quilted "Taggie" Blanket for Debbie Clement's GRAND Niece Underway at RainbowsWithinReach

Yes. I took the pink 'fluted' ribbon (that you probably over-looked in the ribbon picture up top) and sewed two different, separate black and white polka dot ribbons into the central pink panel. I can just picture baby piggies 'discovering' that little detail and playing with those little ruffled edges. I know. I am easily entertained. 


Quilted "Taggie" Blanket for Debbie Clement's GRAND Niece Underway at RainbowsWithinReach

The over-sized ric-rack that is available also adds a textural detail for finger-fun. 

Quilted "Taggie" Blanket for Debbie Clement's GRAND Niece Underway at RainbowsWithinReach


And now a quick moment in time for the numbers fan in me. To capture a moment in time on 12-13-14. Not every day that Google wishes me a HAPPY BIRTHDAY in CAKE! 





  • 169,524: The number of followers I have on Pinterest 
  • 54,728: Number of steps I've taken this week according to Pacer 
  • 5,084: The number of followers on my FB fanpage
  • 4,879: In circles of followers on Google+  
  • 4,567: (COOL number on my birthday, get it?) Number of Twitter Tweeps 
  • 2, 219: Super-fun followers on Instagram  
  • 1,158: Links on LinkedIN
  • 737: followers of my Teachers Pay Teachers store 
  • 476: Readers via Bloglovin
  • 139.6: WHAT I WEIGHED THIS MORNING!***
  • 113: Songs I've written and recorded
  • 70.21 My Klout score today 
  • 58: Trips around the sun I have taken!!! Eat a cupcake on me! 
  • 31: Number of states I've presented in professionally
  • 22.6: My BMI as of this morning {body mass index}  
  • 20: Years that I have been married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 9: The number of CDs I'm produced
  • 7.75 The number of years I've survived Breast Cancer!!! 
  • 7: The number in our tribe of WonderPeeps {grandchildren} 
  • 6: The number in my family of origin 
  • 3: The number of picture books I've created as author/illustrator, publisher
  • 3: The number of NATIONAL Keynotes I've delivered
  • 2: The number of times I've been diagnosed with Breast Cancer
  • 2: The number of parents who are still cheering me on
  • 1: The number one husband of all times.... Allen
  • 1: The number of times I've been baptized into a life eternal
***What do your numbers have to say about you? I am totally over-da-moon delighted in my FREE "Pacer" app on my phone. I've had it now for nine days. It tracks the number of steps you've taken, your weight and gives you your BMI automatcially (body mass index.) 






No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...