Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Mosaics with Construction Paper: Horse Head Portraits

Mosaic-Like Inspiration Gathered at RainbowsWithinReach

Mosaics with Paper: Horse Heads via RainbowsWithinReach

GLORIOUS and INCREDIBLE ARTWORK MOSAICS
Wait till you see these! I was digging around in my photo files recently and found these beautiful pieces. I took these photos eons ago at the Vero Beach Art Museum. They were proudly on display in the hallways outside of the student classrooms. There was no signage to explain about the class or the age of the artists involved. Obviously these were created by mature children -- just how old, I don't know. Even with all of these unknowns, the images are just too incredible to keep stashed away in my laptop. Enjoy a closer look! 

***Disclaimer alert. If you're brand new here, welcome. I am now morphed into an author/illustrator of children's picture books and travel the countryside making school visits and speaking at teacher conferences. I only get credit for capturing these photos of work-on-display during my school visits. I was not involved in their creation. I share the images here to inspire you and show you the excellence-in-education that I get to observe during my adventures! 

Mosaics with Paper: Horse Heads via RainbowsWithinReach

Mosaics with Paper: Horse Heads via RainbowsWithinReach

Mosaics with Paper: Horse Heads via RainbowsWithinReach


Mosaics with Paper: Horse Heads via RainbowsWithinReach

How do we end up with such amazing results from mature students? 
We start out with YOUNG children and afford the opportunity to create art in all manner of media!

I thought it would be fun for me to search through earlier articles here and catalogue them together. Watch as the maturity increases over time.  

These next two 'mosaic' projects were created in preschool. 

M is for Mosaic Bulletin Board for Name Recognition via RainbowsWithinReach)

Winter Bulletin Board for "The Mitten" via RainbowsWithinReach)

These absolutely INDIVIDUAL owls are the effort of kinder-kids. 
I am just WILD about the UNIQUE nature of every piece. 

Torn Paper Owl Projects in Kindergarten via RainbowsWithinReach

Torn Paper Owl Project in Kindergarten via RainbowsWithinReach

Names as Mosaics in Kindergarten via RainbowsWithinReach

Trees with "Mosaic-like" Tissue Leaves via RainbowsWithinReach

Fall Trees on the Bulletin Board with Tissue Paper Leaves via RainbowsWithinReach

Rainbows from Construction Paper at RainbowsWithinReach

The penguins are early elementary creations. 

Penguins from Torn Paper via RainbowsWithinReach

photo of: Bulletin Board of Math Tessellations + Patterns (from Bulletin Board RoundUP via RainbowsWithinReach)

photo of: Molas Paper Artwork by Fourth Graders via RainbowsWithinReach

The pictures that fill my blog are of images that I take on my Author-Illustrator School visits around the country. I have made the illustrations for my traditional picture books from fabric as small quilts. The very best feedback for me is seeing evidence of my work inspiring that of the students where I am invited to interact. Here are some ubber favorite responses to my work, in a 'mosaic-like' response.

This first bulletin board was created in FL in a kindergarten classroom. The vocabulary from my first book "You're Wonderful" is translated into 'mosaic' interpretation.

Kindergarten Bulletin Board for Author Study "You're Wonderful"

Kinder Self Portrait for Author Study

Kinder Self Portrait for Author Study'

Here's a similar idea on the bulletin board in Ohio.
Adjectives in kindergarten! 
My book/song combo brings out the best in self-esteem... 
AND ADJECTIVES! 



Now here's some AMAZING individual 'mosaics' combined to create a classroom collaborative quilt, all in response to my newest picture book, 
"Red, White and Blue."

This amazing work was on the bulletin board in an Indy 2nd grade classroom.

"Red, White and Blue" Bulletin Board by Second Graders at RainbowsWithinReach

photo of: Patriotic Quilt Squares in Response to "Red, White and Blue" by Debbie Clement

As a self-published author on the 'word-of-mouth' marketing plan, I am extremely grateful for every single social network share: pin, tweet, + or all of the above. 

Thanks! 


3 comments:

  1. Every example is gorgeous! Tomorrow, my kinders are going to use tear-art to cover their apple shapes...we just may have to turn them into mosaics!
    :-)Chrissy at ReadWriteSing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chrissy! Thanks so much for stopping by with your enthusiasm. I'm so appreciative of your encouraging feedback

      Debbie

      Delete
  2. Hi
    Awesome ! i really found very informative article here and bookmarked this blog. Thank you.Santa Barbara Green Construction

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...