Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Elephant Excellence in Early Education with Elmer!

photo of: Elephant Excellence in Early Education via RainbowsWithinReach

Welcome to the ELEPHANT ROOM! 
Do you have a 'theme' in your room?

I'm thinking my blog should have another tag line: 
~~EXCELLENCE IN EDUCATION~~
because that's really what I like to spotlight here.

Imagine being greeted at your classroom door with this bright welcome.  

photo of: Elephant Wreath from Balloons via RainbowsWithinReach
An Elephant ALWAYS Remembers! 

As you get settle into your classroom routine, you look forward to your chance to take center stage and have a seat in the 'Elephant Author Chair.' How incredibly cute is that? Child sized rocker UpCycled and refurbished and given some delightful ears!!

photo of: DIY Upcycled "Elephant" Author's Chair in Preschool via RainbowsWithinReach

I'll need to go back in time and insert this beauty my earlier article featuring awesome classroom chairs! There are some classic chairs included in the original RoundUP. 
photo of: Reading Corner RoundUP: Inviting Centers for Inspiring Reading via RainbowsWithinReach
Author Chairs + Reading Corner RoundUP
****I've saved the VERY best for last!!! 
Wait till you see what Heather-the-first-year-teacher made for her beginning of the new year bulletin board welcome! 

She told me that she got a LARGE piece of canvas and lots of paint and created her own patchwork-Elmer, complete with three dimensional ear! Heather was oh-so-kind to get this beauty out of storage so that I could share it here with you. I'd guess that it was at least 8 feet across. 

photo of: Teacher Created Monumental ELMER (painted on canvas + about 8' wide) via RainbowsWithinReach

Here's a close up of Heather's incredible labor of love! 
AWESOME!!!

photo of: Elmer-the-Elephant Close-up (one-of-a-kind canvas painting) via RainbowsWithinReach

Is this THE.MOST.INCREDIBLE.ELMER. you have ever seen? 

It's at times like this that I wish I could bestow a 'RainbowsWithinReach' Award!! This level of passion deserves recognition. Don't you agree? 

Imagine my excitement to see this handwritten "Q" list....... 
Just as I'm about to share my 'quilt' illustrations with the children! 


Here we are posing: Moi, Heather --the Elmer painter-- and Super MANny that brought us together. 
Super MANny is a premmie AND now a cancer survivor! 
He's oh-so-fortunate to have landed in Heather's elephant room!!! 


This is "Read Across America Week." 
What are you reading? 

I'm headed up to Tennessee in a couple days to make my polka-dotted Author/Illustrator school-visit in Nashville!! 
I'm going to get to meet the Kindergarten Smorgasboard MONSTERS in person!

Greg has told me that they are creating some sort of torn paper response for my picture book, "Tall Giraffe." I am so EXCITED! 

Meeting your blogging buddies IRL is the ice cream Sundae of all time! 
Having children respond to your picture books is the cherriest! 

photo of: Three Picture Books by Debbie Clement of Rainbows Within Reach
My books are available at Teachers Pay Teachers and our brand new Early Education Emporium

Mrs. Waldmiller of Fairport, NY just ordered my entire set of picture books and I was more than happy to personalize them for her family of four girls. She 'found' me via Pinterest while searching for Dr. Seuss ideas. Have I mentioned recently how much I LUV LUV LUV Pinterest? This weekend I crossed the threshold of 100,000 P followers! 

photo of: Dr. Seuss RoundUP of Classroom Ideas via RainbowsWithinReach
Dr. Seuss RoundUP of Classroom Ideas!
I'm sending you happy 'reading' wishes for your super-special week! 
-- Debbie --


2 comments:

  1. Congrats Debbie on 100,000 followers and your keynote news! To think we knew you when! Hope you still have time for us in May or early June. I want to challenge myself to a new display with a different song to knock your socks off!
    Holly Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HOLLY!!!! Isn't all of this enough to make your head spin? It's making mine spin on its axis, I tell you!!! Yup. You can say, "I knew her when........" and that's the truth!

      Yes. We will be in Columbus at the end of May. Probably time to start putting our heads together, because I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve this time!

      Debbie

      Delete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...