Thursday, January 5, 2012

Reggio Observations Continued


My return-to-Reggio retro tour continues.

{I am making my way through my camera's memory card -- of images that never got shared here last year.... all from my one day visit to two childcare centers in Reggio Emilia, Italy last spring. If you want to see ALL of my Reggio articles and ideas, they are housed together under the Reggio Label -- you can get to them by clicking here.} 

I LUV these sculpural shape collages that were child-created from up-cycling various bits 'n bobs from the recycle bin. These 'shape-people' were actually fairly large scale. I'm not sure that the photos capture just how large they were in real life. I can just envision the smiles and cararderie and gales of laughter as the children worked together to create this cast of characters. This classroom was for the 'older' children and the work on the walls was much more sophisticated.


Seeing these shapes 'come-to-life' reminds me of the geometry paintings I captured here in the states on the easels. Click here to go back to that post.



I have a hypothesis that this next photo-capture is probably a 'homework' assignment.
Pretty clever concept on bringing the four triangles together to make a square.
Geometry at work in real life. Feels akin to a quilt making concept!



This collage is a delightful combination of media to portray the four seasons.
My thought that it may have been created at home with parental supervision is based on the premise of the inclusion of the family photographs. These were on display in the hallway -- outside of the classroom. Each child had a similar style project.... with the four triangles representing each season.

Another hypothesis on my part. I think this next one may be a sign-in attendance chart.



What I know for certain, is that this graph has taken much time + focus to create!!!
Everytime we introduce graphing, we are working on math skills.
Compare and contrast.

*****This post has been added to Deborah Stewart's continuing series at Teach Preschool.
This time her gloriously beautiful overview is Everyday Math.
There are dozens of math ideas already connected in a blog hop.

-- Debbie --

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...