Monday, May 31, 2010

Polly, The Pollywog




Kindergarten continues. What fun we had together: Jane Leidheiser & little ol' me. She's really the elementary school's music teacher & has long been in charge of the Greater Columbus Arts Council's Artist-in-the-Schools visits for her building. We go back -- at least a decade or so in our friendship. She's always been the one to coordinate my visits. Anyhow. One of their kindergarten teachers was absent for the afternoon and in the face of the front office's unsucessful efforts to hire a substitute, she "volunteered" to take over at the K helm. Anyhow, this was the first time in that over-a-decade of my coming to her building that she actually got to 'see me in action.' Not sure who had more fun? The kindergartners or Jane??

My best chuckle of the day was when just as I was walking into the room, Jane was eagerly pouring over the sub plans, the outline & agenda of the afternoon's events. She was perplexed by the instructions, directing her to add the day's new word, to their "Word Wall." She's lookin' at me & asking, "Which one's the word wall?" As an expert guest in kindergarten classrooms across the country I pointed directly to the "Word Wall" while Jane stood there muttering under her breath -- "Well, every wall I looked at has words on it." And so they did. We made a great team. She took these pictures & sang in harmony to my songs. I cavorted with extra glee.

We chanted our extra-long science word: Met-a-mor-pho-sis! It was a seriously fun afternoon.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...