Sunday, December 20, 2009

Head Start: Harcatus





Let me begin by pointing out that I get invited to some pretty amazing places. I get to see some state-of- the-art programs, and meet some truly incredible teachers. It takes a lot to impress me these days..... thirteen and a half years of greatness makes quite an impression.

Walking into the fellowship hall last Friday, in Denison Ohio, was seriously impressive. The site itself took my breath away. In fact, the day was one of excellence from beginning to end....... before the participants arrived the tables were already covered in spirited table clothes and every spot was marked with a gift bag of goodies. (I learned at noon that a local restaurant had donated an appetizer certificate for everyone on the staff, to the tune of $700 and that was just the beginning.) When the participants arrived they were greeted by one of the most delicious breakfast meals possible -- including piping hot cinnamon rolls and the juiciest of fresh pineapple and those are just the highlights I remember. As an ice-breaker, each person in attendance was assigned the task of locating the recipient of a hand painted and personalized ornament. There were door prizes AND gift certificates donated from through out the community. After all of the ornaments were exchanged it was my turn t0 get underway. I have to say that the reception I was given was stellar, beyond compare. I suppose when you're surrounded by excellence you exude excellence. What an amazing way to start the day.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. How fun! And did you then sing for everyone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We could not of asked for a better gift than to have you come to share your exceptional talents and inpiration with us at HARCATUS Head Start. You made learning such a fun adventure. You have ignited our love for teaching and will make a difference in the staff, children and their families of HARCATUS Head Start for a long time to come. THANK YOU, Nancy Reed

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...