Thursday, April 16, 2015

Author-Illustrator School Visit + Kinder Authentic Art Response!!!

"You're Wonderful" Authentic Kindergarten Art in response to picture book

Making a "return" Author/Illustrator School visit is my FAVORITE! 
I am always THRILLED to make plans for a school visit, 
but returning to a previous site? 

That's so much easier and all the more exciting. 
This is my third annual visit to Mr. Greg's school {I'm sure you know him as Kindergarten Smorgaboard
and every time I got his text beforehand, I was all the more thrilled! 

Take a look at this first image that arrived to my phone! 
AUTHENTIC ART I TELL YOU!


Kindergarten Authentic Art Exploration in Preparation for Author-Illustrator Visit

If you have ever visited here previously, you may remember that I'm a former Elementary school Art Teacher. {That was a chapter many moons ago in an earlier century.} There are so many things I LUV about this photo! The kinder-students have all of the materials they need and are then left to their own interpretation -- to create their own response to my first picture book. 

I didn't realize, until I downloaded the photo above from my phone to the larger screen of my laptop, that RIGHT in the kinder-child's lap is my book, "You're Wonderful" -- how brilliant is that? 

Now take a bird's eye look at a majority of the 'mustache menagerie' as they work comfortably on the floor. Is that an absolute advertisement for open-ended Art exploration, or what? Look how engaged everyone is! Look at all of the effort! Look at the energy! 

Yes. They are working on the floor! Mr. Greg removed the majority of his tables this year. I think you can see how much kinder-fun it is to sprawl and create!

Kindergarten Authentic Art Exploration in Preparation for Author-Illustrator Visit

Now if you look closely. Right in the middle of the whole group? 
There it is again! 

Greg's copy of "You're Wonderful" for quick consultation and inspiration! 
AWESOMESAUCE!

Kindergarten Authentic Art Exploration in Preparation for Author-Illustrator Visit

Finally our day arrived! 
I got to school earlier than we thought, so the two of us got to have a couple of minutes to catch up out in the hallway. 

Yup. That's Mr. Greg in his traditional "Tall Giraffe" hat!
A perennial favorite! 


Mr. Greg (Kindergarten Smorgasboard) WELCOMES Debbie Clement

His classroom door is truly incredible. 
A puzzle of all his student's aspirations for the year, 
intertwined with the goals from their parents! 




I knew you'd want to see the other side of his door as well!


BTW: The school mascot is BEARS! 
I enjoy a good acrostic! 

I need to add this one to my earlier acrostic collection. 



Here's a look at his classroom library! 
I was ready to curl up with a good book myself! 


I know that you like to look over my shoulder and see how other's organize their space! 
Here's his personalized tool box of goodies. 



After my quick look around the Kinder-classrooms, 
I went down to the cafeteria to get organized. 

That's where I was greeted with ALL of the Art!

Author-Illustrator School Visit Welcome in Kindergarten


Author-Illustrator School Visit Welcome in Kindergarten

Author-Illustrator School Visit Welcome in Kindergarten

Author-Illustrator School Visit Welcome in Kindergarten

From my first book on to the next! 

"TALL GIRAFFE" 

and look at these drawings!!!

Author-Illustrator School Visit Welcome in Kindergarten

Author-Illustrator School Visit Welcome in Kindergarten





Now to close this glimpse into creativity. 
Look at my wardrobe, 
as seen by the kinder-eyes! 




My books and songs are available on my own website: 

and also in digital form at TeachersPayTeachers

My song of affirmation, "You're Wonderful" makes a terrific End-of-Year performance song..... as does my newest picture book, "Red, White and Blue." 



Now's the time to begin planning my visit to YOUR school! 
Email me for some specifics! 


Here's an earlier article where I addressed the differences between 
AUTHENTIC Art and Crativity. 
Just click the image below. 

AUTHENTIC Art versus Craftivity: Examples, Opinion and Insight at RainbowsWithinReach

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...