Saturday, August 31, 2013

Jumbo Jungle Kindergarten Adventure

Kindergarten Room with Jungle Theme via RainbowsWithinReach

KINDERGARTEN JUNGLE ADVENTURE

Yesterday I got to have a personal tour of an adventure about to unfold. We are still 'up-north' in our summer haven along the peninsula of Green Bay. I FINALLY got to have my lunch date with one of my FAVE K teachers of all time. We decided to meet at the elementary to get caught up. My dear Lizz is going to be acting as mentor this year to a brand NEW K teacher, entering her very own jungle. Fresh. Excited. Straight out of college. Given a brand new room (the school is adding a 3rd section of K this year.) 

I was given permission to capture Miss Emily's jungle prior to her student's arrival on Tuesday. I know how you like to look over my shoulder. Wait till you see! 

Decorated Kindergarten Classroom Door, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Theme via RainbowsWithinReach

I will need to add Emily's classic classroom door into my decorated door RoundUP. 
That series of door photos is still my number one article here of all time. 
Go figure? 

Classroom Door Decoration Ideas + Bulletin Board Ideas as well! (series of articles from school visits)

Now back to some little vignettes around her room! 

Kindergarten Jungle Theme Welcome via RainbowsWithinReach


Jungle Theme Classroom Details in Kindergarten via RainbowsWithinReach

Yes. She told me that the jungle buckets came from the Target dollar spot. 
The jungle vine chain was loving crafted together by Emily's entire family! 
What a wonderful way to support your daughter's first classroom endeavor. 
The vines are creeping all across the ceiling. 

Kindergarten Jungle Vine Ceiling Decor via RainbowsWithinReach

Here's an oh-so-clever kindergarten reading corner: 
JUNGLE READING HUT!

Kindergarten Reading Hut: Jungle Theme via RainbowsWithinReach

*I'll have to add her 'Reading Hut' into my earlier Reading Center RoundUP. 

Reading Corner RoundUP: Inviting Centers for Inspiring Reading via RainbowsWithinReach

We're now back out in the hallway. 
This is the site for future projects to be hung on the clothesline, 
above the kiddies cubbies to display proud projects. 

Kindergarten Bulletin Board Jungle Theme via RainbowsWithinReach

Earlier this week I had an article all about the 'changing' face expectations of kindergarten. What is the role of play in kindergarten today?  

It's an issue very near and dear to my heart.... and a MUST read for every K teacher and K parent as well. I asked my social network of K teachers to comment and COMMENT they did -- with passion, insight and frustration. 

The Role of PLAY in Kindergarten Today: Insight from Professionals -- candid thoughts and concerns at RainbowsWithinReach

I am ever and always grateful to you for pinning from my blog. 
That is my very biggest source of readership and I thank you! 



Follow Me on Pinterest
I'm now at 132,069 followers!     
Click this link to go there directly! 
Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth - TeachersPayTeachers.com
Now at 542 followers!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...