Saturday, February 19, 2011

Orlando: Heart & Hope





My migration to sunny winters in Florida is underway in earnest. These are the first pictures from the fifth annual "Heart and Hope" conference for children with disabilities, their families and teachers -- as conducted by the Family Network on Disabilities. Here we are in the booth space getting acquainted before my workshop. I've spent most of my time working with very young children so it's a delight to speak with 'grown-up' kiddos who are interested in my books and the quilts that become the illustrations that are their backbone. FUN DAY!!

That first picture includes Dr. Angela Martin Walker, changed from her Captain Walker pirate gear and into travelin' clothes. She was the morning's keynote and was shiverin' timbers all morning long with "Readers of the Caribbean." She had dozens of the kids up on stage sharing the spotlight with her. No swash-buckler there, she's the real deal when it comes to reading & motivation. I can envision the two of us working together on a creative project in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...