Saturday, December 4, 2010

Book Launch Party @ Hilary's







This is a first!! The majority of the quilts (illustrations) for my new picture book are on display together in Hilary Talis dining room as she invites her friends, neighbors and relatives to shop in the comfort of her home -- for upcoming occasions, all while supporting my efforts. Hil even created snacks for the afternoon on our theme of red, white and blue to complete the thematic backdrop. I'm not sure who was more excited?? There was a lot of squeeling and hugging as the afternoon unfolded. Long lost friends came and much joy resulted from the serendipitous reunions. What a great day. What a kindness.

Silly me, I totally forgot to take pictures at Mary Myers similar event held just a couple weeks back. That was when the quilts were still on their hiatus and I think my brain was only functioning on partial-power. Each of these generous gals had served as directors of programs in the central OH area and become dear friends in the process. Here's to retirement for Hilary & Mary and all of the kind projects that they will concoct, now that they have some additional time on their hands.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...