Saturday, October 16, 2010

Great Higgeldy of 2010







The one of my nearly 100 original songs that truly benefits from a participatory experience is my "Higgeldy Dance." The song emerged on our trans-Atlantic speaking tour to England (thank you Renee and Susan,) which evolved to include a bus trip to Scotland...... which is where I heard our tour guide utter such happy phrases as 'higgeldy biggeldy' and 'shiggle da boot' in the mist of Edinburgh Castle. Mix it all together and you've got a "Higgeldy Dance." The main ingredient is to cross the mid-line with your feet for the engaging chorus. The verses themselves are fairly self explanatory. It makes for a rousing conclusion to a thrilling morning workshop. Every now and then the room lends itself to a group experience. Columbus State provided the perfect space to have everyone involved.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...