Saturday, May 15, 2010

Team January Komen




It's spring! It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, it's a beautiful day for a 5K!! My surgery was in January and on BCO we have a 'thread' -- actually a family of survivors, who all shared January Surgeries & BC as common denominators. We have come to love one another & have cheered and encouraged the progress & the set-backs of each one on the team. I think there are about 40 names on our list from around the country.

How amazing to find Sally, is my actual neighbor -- just down the street. We live in neighboring suburbs. Reynoldsburg for me, Pickerington for her. The movie theatre is just about half way between our houses. Too small a world!!!!!!!!! We figured this out several months ago. With my travels all over the eastern seaboard, we hadn't met before this morning. Just as soon as I was getting my car parked my phone was whizzing with a text. They were already on site. We met at the "Survivor Palooza's" pink tent!! I can't imagine how? But some how, she managed to recognize me from pictures. So here we are getting acquainted. The last picture in the series is her happy family. It was fun to act as their photographer. It was great to join their 'team' for the walk. Go TEAM JANUARY!!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...