Friday, November 21, 2008

Chicago Art Institute Trip






Inspired by my field trip in Dallas to their aquarium, I got even further motivated to plan for a field trip in Chicago. I invited my dear friend Pat to join me.... (she gets all of the credit for selecting the Institute as our destination of choice.) What a brilliant idea! So I arranged for my flight to be as early as possible on my travel day. In all of the excitement of our rendez-vous @ Midway airport, I somehow forgot to get my camera for the excursion. Fortunately I can share from their website collection. It was a perfect outing. We closed the place down. The picture above is of Pat and I just before saying good-by to one another at the end of our 3 day, girls-in-the-big-windy-city-adventure. Look very closely at her name tag. It reads: "My People." This is my first SDE excursion to have my own people! Pat helped lug, schlep, unpack, hang, plug things in, repack, schlep some more, took pictures, held my hand, kept me focused -- well maybe you get the idea: priceless.


Now for all of you Art History buffs in the audience..... Pat's family was involved in the recreation of Seurat's painting on their own Beloit, WI shoreline. Pat and daughter Molly are seated on the ground -- right in the middle of the reinactment. Son Luke is in the sailboat and husband Greg with family dog Willow is in the back right corner. This is all in celebration of Seurat's premiere painting entitled: "Sunday on La Grande Jatte" which has long had it's home in Chicago.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...