Friday, January 1, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR



It's a whole new day. A whole NEW YEAR. There seems to be some discussion as to whether or not this is the beginning of a new decade or the conclusion of the '00s. In any case it is indeed a whole new day. My computer has been having a techno melt-down and so we have now officially switched machines and I have Allen's old one -- which has at least 7 more squirrel-power than my old one.... and it moves at the speed of sound, comparatively. I now have to learn a new keyboard orientation, but that learning curve is worth the new squirrel-power.

But back to the pictures I've been waiting to share. I took these at the Riffe Center Gallery that is currently hosting the traveling display of Quilt National -- that originally is hosted at the Athens Dairy Barn. I've never seen a 'quilt' with this amazing concept. As you can see from the close-up images, these little buildings are all 'quilted' in a three dimensional fabrication and then sewn to the foundation. It was truly breath taking..... from across the gallery & then more and more amazing as you approached closer & closer. AND my favorite colors, too!!

Happy New Year!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Debbie, I LOVE that!! Like soft sculpture. I've had soooo many ideas this past year or so, but don't have the energy -- yet -- to carry them out. But look out, everyone! Because right before the big diagnosis, I got myself this amazing printer (HUGE) that prints art, photos, even billboards and it prints on CLOTH!!! up to 45" wide!!! So, we should talk, girlfriend...

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...